Bioline is proud to have served the Chinese research community in the UK for over two decades with high-quality reagents, and we’re proud to extend this support further by sponsoring the prestigious Chinese Life Scientists Society in the UK (CLSS-UK) 2013 Annual Conference.
The conference, to be held at the University of Oxford, 20-21 September, will bring together eminent Chinese and UK researchers from a variety of life science disciplines to share the latest industry advances, exchange ideas and to establish research collaborations. Professor Andrew Hamilton, Vice-Chancellor of the University of Oxford, will give a welcome address to delegates, followed by Yang Shen, Minister Counsellor for Education at the Chinese Embassy in the UK.
Our performance product lines are available to researchers throughout China and Hong Kong via our trusted distribution partners and are also available throughout the Asia-Pacific region, including Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia, as well as in Australia and New Zealand via our Bioline Australia operation.
Bioline at the CLSS-UK 2013 Annnual Conference
Bioline’s product specialist, Dr Ray Chan, along with Bioline’s Account Manager for the University of Oxford, Manvir Tiwana, will be on hand at the conference to showcase our latest innovations for life science researchers and look forward to discussing the research requirements of attendees.
Additionally, to mark and celebrate the Chinese mid-autumn festival, Bioline will be running a special mooncake prize-draw – so don’t forget to visit the Bioline exhibition stand, avail yourself of some Bioline goodies, and enter the mooncake prize draw. If you’re attending the conference, we’d love to hear from you, so feel free to drop us a line on Twitter.
Conference topics and areas of research to be covered this year will include:
- Biochemistry and Structural Biology
- Cancer Research
- Cardiovascular Bioscience
- Genomics and Proteomics
- Immunology / Virology / Inflammation / Infection
- Metabolic Diseases
- Molecular and Cell Biology
- Stem Cells and Neuroscience
- Translational Medicine and Clinical Science
Keynote speakers – two eminent scientists have been confirmed as the keynote speakers at this year’s conference:
- Duanqing Pei, Guangzhou Institutes of Biomedicine and Health, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- Terence Rabbitts, University of Oxford, UK
The following speakers have also been invited to the conference:
- Huiliang Li, University College London, UK
- Jilong Liu, University of Oxford, UK
- Pentao Liu, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, UK
- Paul Lu, University of Manchester, UK
- Shengjiang Tan, University of Cambridge, UK
- Zhidao Xia, Swansea University, UK
- Xiaoli Xiong, MRC National Institute for Medical Research, UK
- Luzheng Xue, University of Oxford, UK
- Chengcan Yao, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Bin Zhang, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, USA
For full details, please see the official CLSS-UK event web site.